Sunday, August 3, 2014

Meet Mrs. Shipley--with some BTS Tips and a Freebie!

Hello everyone!  Welcome to Elementary Grapevine!  You met the amazing Chelsea yesterday!  I hope you loved her freebie!!!

I am so excited to be a part of this collaborative blog!  I know you are going to find some amazing ideas, tips, and creations for your classrooms here!  It's my turn to introduce myself to all of our friends!

My name is Farrah and I am a teacher blogger behind


This year will begin my 11th year of teaching.  I have taught Pre-K, Kinder and 1st and will now be finding my home in 2nd through 5th grade!  Yes you read that right!  Four different grade levels!  I will be team teaching with three other teachers.  Reading and Writing will be my subjects and I couldn't be more excited!  Along with teaching I serve on the Executive Board for Whole Brain Teaching, LLC and also serve as the Regional Director for Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas!  Whole Brain Teaching is my passion and the only way I will ever teach in my classroom.  Should I find myself in a situation where I couldn't use WBT I might just have to retire!  You can check out more about WBT by visiting www.wholebrainteaching.com!

Well, Back 2 School has crept up on us!  WHAT?  WHAT?  Did I say Back 2 School?  Oh I really must sit down when I say that!  I can't believe how fast the summer has flown by!  Each of us here at the Elementary Grapevine will be introducing ourselves and sharing our own little BTS tip!  Well here is mine:

ESTABLISH THOSE ROUTINES EARLY!  Some teachers plan to the gills for the first week of school!  Not me!  I plan a few filler activities, but we spend the entire first week of school in my classroom establishing our routines and procedures for everything!  I do plan a few activities to get a little idea of the skill level of my students in the beginning however, most of our time is spent on learning our rules, our WBT teaching techniques, and our procedures!  I have learned that if I spend the time in the beginning getting these things established then the rest of the year is smooth sailing!  This is going to be even more important this year as instead of one group of kids for 7 hours a day I will have four different groups for only an hour and fifteen minutes a day!  That first week will be CRUCIAL in establishing our "atmosphere" for our class!

Well that about wraps it up friends!  I want to leave you with a little freebie from my Teachers Pay Teachers store!  Check out these free Whole Brain Teaching rules and procedures posters!  Thanks for visiting and check in tomorrow to meet another blogger from the Elementary Grapevine!


Thanks again friends! It's a pleasure to meet you all!

You may also want to follow my blog, my TPT store, or my Facebook page!  



No comments:

Post a Comment