Sunday, August 24, 2014

Hello From Miss V's Busy Bees

Hey all!
I'm Sara from Miss V's Busy Bees. I have been blogging for a little more than 2 years and have met some of the most AMAZING people along this journey!
A little about me - I am in my second year of teaching and I'm at a BRAND new school this year. But, I'm in my favorite grade of all time - 3rd grade! They are so bright, fun, and willing to learn, yet they know right from wrong. I moved from Ohio to Alabama in November 2012 with my now husband, Cody, who is in the Coast Guard. So, I'm a big supporter of the military! We have three fur babies - Socks who is a cat and is 4 years old, Lexie who is a Papillion and is 2 years old, and Tucker who is an English Bulldog and is about 1 1/2 years old. The fur babies are our pride & joy - we would be lost without them!

In my free time, I'm a large crafter. I love to create and glue and cut, and have a craft room dedicated solely to my joy. It's GLORIOUS! I also am a huge TV/couch potato - love watching "junk" TV. Right now, I'm currently watching Switched at Birth, The Fosters, Pretty Little Liars, Chasing Life, Big Brother, Hell on Wheels, and several other shows. Love love love my TV time! It's so relaxing.

But enough about me and my life - you're here to get GREAT advice, tips, freebies, and information from some fantastic bloggers. We'll be blogging as often as possible to bring you these tips, freebies, information, and ideas for the elementary classroom, most of which will be for 3rd grade.

With back to school upon us, we're all working on setting up our classrooms to become "homes" for our students very shortly. We also want to make it something that's visually appealing to ourselves, too. This year, I decided to go with a BRIGHT rainbow theme. I literally have just brights all over my room - reds, yellows, oranges, greens, blues, and purples. It's BEAUTIFUL!

I got a new rug this year, too, and it's a map of the United States - and it's COLORFUL!
It matches the rest of the decor PERFECTLY. Anyways, now that you know my theme, I should probably talk about what I'm leading into!

Knowing that I loved color and that I was told that I HAD to have a Word Wall, I decided to make it "my own." I wanted something that went well with the bright decor and just couldn't find the right word wall for me. So, I decided to create one! It turned out SO fantastic and I am so happy with the final product. Granted, it's not super straight - but I love it and it's functional. It's in the back of our room and I cannot wait to fill it with words for my kiddos this year! They loved seeing it when they came back after the first weekend!
Knowing all that - what colors and MUST HAVES did you make/buy for your classroom this year?? I'd love to hear all about it!

And to make this post worth your time, I'm offering that EXACT word wall letter card group as a freebie! Click on the picture below to head on over and download your word wall cards for YOUR classroom!

Make sure to come back shortly for some AMAZING posts with great ideas by your favorite bloggers! We're so excited to have y'all with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment